Saturday, November 1, 2008

I have accepted that I will never have the time to detail my whole week of travels, so I’ll just give you guys an amazing top-10 list of my week of travels.

1. Walking for 2 hours along the beach in Essouira while the tide was coming in.
2. Watching the sunset from the fourth floor terrace of our hotel and hearing the call-to-prayer echo across the city.
3. Staying with a legit- Berber family in one of the suburbs of Agadir where they dressed us up and made us dance until 2 in the morning.
4. Watching a storm roll in on the beach at Tiznit while eating the best fried calamari that I’ve ever had.
5. Lunch by the Todra Gorge and driving through Morocco as the terrain changed from mountains to desert over 3 hours
6. Riding out into the desert in the darkness only to wake up the next morning to see a huge sand dune.
7. Taking a land-rover tour of Erg Chebbi and then drinking a beer (in a land rover) while driving through this sand-road street in Rissani.
8. Watching the sunset on camels as we made our way into the camp for the second night.
9. Wine+ stargazing+ Sahara desert
10. Riding out of the desert (on a camel) in the rain, while singing.

No comments: